Update: March 26, 2020 – Delivery orders, Pricing update
Dear Valued Staples Customer,
During this unprecedented time, we are continuously monitoring the latest news and guidelines from the Health Canada as well as local, provincial and federal officials. As an essential provider of products and services such as janitorial, personal protective equipment and business equipment to customers including hospitals, healthcare, governments and first responders, I wanted to provide you with an update about the measures Staples Business Advantage is taking to keep employees and customers safe.
Our office employees have been enabled to work from home and our Fulfillment Centre associates are taking extra precautions for their safety as recommended by Health Canada.
Our drivers are also taking extra precautionary measures at all points in the delivery process, and we’re making every effort to get you the supplies you need, when you need them, by:
- Providing free delivery on all orders and no minimum order size requirement (excluding remote locations, product handling fees, and furniture delivery/installation). Larger bundled orders help us deliver value and reliable service and are also better for the environment, so please continue to consolidate orders where possible so we can continue to meet the needs of the maximum number of customers.
- Establishing new safety measures for our drivers, including providing them with sanitizer, temporarily suspending unique or special delivery requirements, and no longer requiring customers to sign for deliveries.
- Prioritizing the needs of our customers who are on the front lines combatting the spread of COVID-19 for products that are essential, like hand sanitizer, masks, gloves, and disinfectants. These customers include hospitals, first responders and long-term care facilities.
- Complying with all customer requests to change normal delivery routines and drop-off locations. Allowing many customers to update their delivery addresses during their online checkout experience on eway.ca.
- Urgently working with our suppliers to replenish our inventory and actively refreshing our sites so these products can be made available to all.
I want to assure you it is Staples’ policy not to raise prices on essential needs during health crises. We’re committed to keeping our prices where they were before this global pandemic and are partnering with our suppliers to provide you with the best prices possible.
We will continue to be here for you in every way we can and reassess protocols and policies as needed. Our biggest thanks to all our Staples Business Advantage team members making it possible to support our communities and all our valued customers.
President, Staples Business Advantage